If you were a Generation Y kid or a so called Echo Boomer then you know this soundtrack. You don’t only know it but it was a part of your sad, cosplay wearing life. You listened to the tape over and over and even if you weren’t popular that nose pierced circus freak in the back of the class drawing bleeding cupie dolls on his desk thought you were alright.
The Matrix was one of those surprising box office wonders that was supported even more by a strong soundtrack. Let’s just say, if you didn’t know Rammstein before…you knew Du Hast bitches! I mean, the damn thing starts with Marilyn Manson who would lead metal into soundtracks galore after this. I believe this is the strongest of the three soundtracks by far so if you have been hauled up in your parents basement playing with Wilita the inflatable sex goddess you might want to put down the bicycle pump long enough to check this out.
- “Rock Is Dead” by Marilyn Manson
- “Spybreak! (Short One)” by Propellerheads
- “Bad Blood” by Ministry
- “Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix)” by “Rob D”
- “Prime Audio Soup” by Meat Beat Manifesto
- “Leave You Far Behind” by Lunatic Calm
- “Mindfields” by The Prodigy
- “Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix)” by Rob Zombie
- “My Own Summer (Shove It)” by Deftones
- “Ultrasonic Sound” by Hive
- “Look to Your Orb for the Warning” by Monster Magnet
- “Du hast” by Rammstein
- “Wake Up” by Rage Against the Machine